What is the SENTRI Card/Pass?
SENTRI provides expedited CBP processing for pre-approved, low-risk travelers. Applicants must voluntarily undergo a thorough biographical background check against criminal, law enforcement, customs, immigration, and terrorist indices; a 10-fingerprint law enforcement check; and a personal interview with a CBP Officer. The SENTRI Pass is valid for 5 years. Every member of the family must apply for their own SENTRI Pass including infants and children.
SENTRI Pass Benefits
The list of SENTRI pass benefits may be small but put simply, the time spent queuing at the US Mexico border particularly at peak times makes a SENTRI pass essential for anyone who crosses the border no matter how often. Some of the SENTRI program benefits are as follows:
- Faster border crossing times even at peak periods.
- Dedicated SENTRI lanes to expedite travel and save long queue times.
- Faster border inspection time. Customs and Border Patrol estimate that it takes SENTRI card holders 10 seconds at the border guard’s inspection booth.
- Fewer questions by border agents.
- Less stress when traveling with children.
How to Apply?
Download the simplified application form for the SENTRI pass program and choose between the two service options described below.
- STEP 1: Download the SENTRI application by clicking on the “Download Application” button above. Complete the form and save it.
- STEP 2: Send the completed SENTRI form and supporting documents to us using e-mail or fax. The supporting documents are: passport, drivers license and permanent resident card if applicable. Our e-mail is: email@example.com. The fax number is: 1-877-770-7096.
- STEP 3: Click on the blue payment button to complete the IVT service fee though PayPal.
- Step 4: On receipt of your SENTRI application form and payment, your data and documents will be carefully reviewed and submitted to the US Customs and Border Protection Agency for background and law enforcement checks. It may take between 1 and 3 months to receive a decision on your eligibility as a Trusted Traveler. Once you receive a decision you must book and attend a compulsory interview in order to complete the process.
- Step 5: IVT contact you with your completed Trusted Traveler profile so that you can check for status changes with your application. If your application is Conditionally Approved, you can set an appointment for an interview with the US Customs and Border Protection Agency.
Inaccurate or incomplete SENTRI pass application forms are automatically denied access to the SENTRI program!
Applicants may not qualify for participation in the SENTRI program if they:
- Provide false or incomplete information on the application;
- Have been convicted of any criminal offense (except parking tickets) or have pending criminal charges to include outstanding warrants;
- Have been found in violation of any customs, immigration, or agriculture regulations or laws in any country;
- Are subjects of an ongoing investigation by any federal, state, or local law enforcement agency;
- Are inadmissible to the United States under immigration regulation, including applicants with approved waivers of inadmissibility or parole documentation;
- Cannot satisfy CBP of their low risk status or meet other program requirements.
SENTRI Card Fees
The fees associated with the SENTRI card are as follows:
$25.00 per person*
$129.99 per person*
*(children under 18 are exempt from all fees)
If you are familiar with the CBP system and wish to apply directly with them, you can do it here.
All IVT service fees must be paid via PayPal – your application cannot be processed unless you have made a PayPal transaction. Government fees will be paid using the credit card included on your application form. Government fees are non-refundable. IVT fees are non-refundable once you receive your Trusted Traveler profile information.
IVT specializes in the checking, processing and monitoring Trusted Traveler applications. Our dedicated staff is well-informed of all the latest updates in government policies, well-trained in all aspects of the application process, and are able to trouble-shoot any glitches in your application. The IVT service fee which should be paid through PayPal is for application review, checks and processing. It also includes the following:
- We make sure that your application is thoroughly reviewed prior to submission to make sure it is complete and accurate according to CBP criteria;
- We submit your application to CBP for you;
- We advise you and of any additional documentation you must provide program (birth certificates, passports or citizenship card);
- We advise you of any additional steps you need to take;
- We can update you about the progress of your application within the government system;
- We can send you your conditional approval letter if you encounter difficulties downloading it;
- We can schedule your interview appointment for you;
- We can answer your questions about what to expect during the interview;
- We keep track of your log-in information for future referrals;
- We deal with the government on your behalf as much as possible;
- We troubleshoot all questions;
- We are only an e-mail away to answer any question. Most questions are answered within one business day.
More questions about SENTRI? Read our FAQs
Terms and Conditions
Please refer to our terms and conditions before purchasing IVT services. By clicking the download link and paying the PayPal fees, you are agreeing to purchase a download pack or application form service from IVT. IVT is not a US government agency or related to any US government agency. IVT is not involved in the processing of your US visa, trusted traveler program or passport. The PayPal fee you are agreeing to is the fee for IVT’s services as a private company. There may be additional government fees to pay for the services you are downloading – these fees are explained on this webpage and within the application packs when you click the ‘Download Application’ button. We issue refunds under specific conditions. Check the Terms and Conditions page for more details. Please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org with your refund request. IVT is not accountable for any information given in the application pack, nor are we liable for any omissions or errors. The maximum liability for any circumstance will not exceed the purchase price.