Global Entry Renewal Procedure
The Global Entry membership renewal process is the same as for first time applicants. Global Entry membership can be renewed 90 days preceding your Global Entry membership expiry date.
Global Entry membership is valid for 5 years. When your Global Entry expires you renew your membership by filling out an application form and attending another interview at a Global Entry enrolment center.
The United States is committed to safe and secure borders; over the last 5 years your status as a low risk traveller may have changed. Thus, background and security checks will be conducted from scratch by law enforcement agencies, Citizenship and Immigration agencies and Customs and Border Protection agencies.
If you are conditionally approved to the Global Entry program you must attend a compulsory interview at a Global Entry enrolment center; you have 30 days in which to schedule a Global Entry interview otherwise you will be automatically denied from the Global Entry program. You will not be eligible to reapply until 90 days after the denial has passed.
How to Apply?
Download the simplified application form for the Global Entry program and choose between the two service options described below.
- STEP 1: Download the Global Entry application by clicking on the “Download Application” button above. Complete the form and save it.
- STEP 2: Send the completed Global Entry form and supporting documents to us using e-mail or fax. The supporting documents are: passport, drivers license and permanent resident card if applicable. Our e-mail is: firstname.lastname@example.org. The fax number is: 1-877-770-7096
- STEP 3: Click on the blue payment button to complete the IVT service fee though PayPal.
- Step 4: On receipt of your Global Entry application form and payment, your data and documents will be carefully reviewed and submitted to the US Customs and Border Protection Agency for background and law enforcement checks. It may take between 2 and 6 weeks to receive a decision on your eligibility as a Trusted Traveler. Once you receive a decision you must book and attend a compulsory interview in order to complete the process.
- Step 5: IVT contact you with your completed Trusted Traveler profile so that you can check for status changes with your application. If your application is Conditionally Approved, you can set an appointment for an interview with the US Customs and Border Protection Agency.
All applicants must apply for an individual Global Entry membership.
Inaccurate or incomplete Global Entry application forms are automatically denied access to the Global Entry program!
Global Entry Program Requirements
You must meet the Global Entry program requirements in order to qualify for Global Entry membership. Applicants may not qualify for participation in the Global Entry program if they:
- Provide false or incomplete information on the application;
- Have been convicted of any criminal offense or have pending criminal charges to include outstanding warrants;
- Have been found in violation of any customs, immigration, or agriculture regulations or laws in any country;
- Are subjects of an ongoing investigation by any federal, state, or local law enforcement agency;
- Are inadmissible to the United States under immigration regulation, including applicants with approved waivers of inadmissibility or parole documentation;
- Cannot satisfy CBP of their low risk status or meet other program requirements.
Global Entry Cost
The fees associated with Global Entry membership are as follows:
$100.00 per person*
$129.99 per person*
*(children also have to pay all fees)
All IVT service fees must be paid via PayPal – your application cannot be processed unless you have made a PayPal transaction. Government fees will be paid using the credit card included on your application form. Government fees are non-refundable. IVT fees are non-refundable once you receive your Trusted Traveler profile information.
IVT specializes in the checking, processing and monitoring Trusted Traveler applications. Our dedicated staff is well-informed of all the latest updates in government policies, well-trained in all aspects of the application process, and are able to trouble-shoot any glitches in your application. The IVT service fee which should be paid through PayPal is for application review, checks and processing. It also includes the following:
- We make sure that your application is thoroughly reviewed prior to submission to make sure it is complete and accurate according to CBP criteria;
- We submit your application to CBP for you;
- We advise you and of any additional documentation you must provide program (birth certificates, passports or citizenship card);
- We advise you of any additional steps you need to take;
- We can update you about the progress of your application within the government system;
- We can send you your conditional approval letter if you encounter difficulties downloading it;
- We can schedule your interview appointment for you;
- We can answer your questions about what to expect during the interview;
- We keep track of your log-in information for future referrals;
- We deal with the government on your behalf as much as possible;
- We troubleshoot all questions;
- We are only an e-mail away to answer any question. Most questions are answered within one business day.
More questions about Global Entry? Read our FAQs
Terms and Conditions
Please refer to our terms and conditions before purchasing IVT services. By clicking the download link and paying the PayPal fees, you are agreeing to purchase a download pack or application form service from IVT. IVT is not a US government agency or related to any US government agency. IVT is not involved in the processing of your US visa, trusted traveler program or passport. The PayPal fee you are agreeing to is the fee for IVT’s services as a private company. There may be additional government fees to pay for the services you are downloading – these fees are explained on this webpage and within the application packs when you click the ‘Download Application’ button. We issue refunds under specific conditions. Check the Terms and Conditions page for more details. Please email us at email@example.com with your refund request. IVT is not accountable for any information given in the application pack, nor are we liable for any omissions or errors. The maximum liability for any circumstance will not exceed the purchase price.